Willie The Kid’s new album Capital Gains is out now, and it’s dope. Here are two new collabos off it to wet your beak—”Cork Fee” featuring Action Bronson and “Durban Poison” featuring Roc Marciano.
Westside Gunn cruises through his old stomping round in Alabama and pays a visit to his mom. Who Made The Sunshine is out now—check out his two collaborations on the album with Slick Rick below.
My favorite track on Action Bronson’s new album Only For Dolphins, produced by DJ Muggs and AntMan Wonder.
The PhilaFlava boys are prepared to prove that 1995 was the greatest year for hip-hop ever with their Take It Personal Radio tribute. From a quick glance at Part One’s tracklist, it seems like they’re building a decent argument, no? For me, it’s always been between ’93, ’94, and ’95, so let’s see if they can convince me. Love seeing “Bronx Tale” included in the mix by the way, that’s one of my favorite songs ever that not enough people talk about. Here’s their opening statement, with Mixcloud stream and tracklist for Part One below it:
Episode 72 is our 1st installment of our 1995 Tribute. We’re about to make one hell of a convincing case as to why 1995 was the greatest year in hip-hop. Why it had the best production, the best singles, the best remixes and some of the best replay value in hip-hop history. And this is all coming from few guys who didn’t even pick 1995, when we did our favorite years episode a few years back. We’ve got an awful lot to cover, so stay tuned as we plan on creating several 1995 episodes. For now, crack the 40, roll that blunt and let’s take a trip down memory lane.
- Mobb Deep – Survival of the Fittest
- Raekwon – Criminology feat. Ghostface Killah
- Mobb Deep – Eye For An Eye feat. Nas & Raekwon
- Onyx – Last Dayz
- Group Home – Livin’ Proof
- Showbiz & A.G. – Next Level (Nyte Time Mix)
- KRS-One – MC’s At Like They Don’t Know
- Chubb Rock, O.C. & Jeru The Damaja – Return of the Crooklyn Dodgers
- D&D All-Stars – 1, 2 Pass It (DJ Premier Remix) + Original
- Red Hot Lover Tone – 4 My Peeps (Buckwild Remix) feat. Notorious B.I.G., M.O.P. & Prince Poetry
- Lord Finesse – Actual Facts feat. Sadat X, Large Professor & Grand Puba
- LL Cool J – I Shot Ya (Remix) feat. Keith Murray, Prodigy, Fat Joe & Foxy Brown
- Das EFX – Microphone Master (Remix) feat. Mobb Deep
- Das EFX – Real-Hip-Hop + Pete Rock Remix
- AZ – Rather Unique
- Kool G. Rap – Fast Life feat. Nas
- Raekwon – Verbal Intercourse feat. Nas & Ghostface Killah
- Mobb Deep – Shook Ones Pt. II
- Group Home – The Realness
- Group Home – Up Against The Wall (Low Budget Mix)
- Blahzay Blahzay – Danger
- Nine – Whutcha Want
- Smoothe Da Hustler – Broken Language feat. Trigga Tha Gambler
- Big L – Street Struck
- Lord Finesse – Hip 2 Da Game
- Grand Puba – I Like It (I Wanna Be Where You Are)
- Da Youngsta’s – I’ll Make U Famous
- Camp Lo – Coolie High
- The Pharcyde – Runnin’
- The Pharcyde – Drop
- Tha Alkaholiks – Daaam (Remix) + Original
- Tha Alkaholiks – All The Way Live feat. Diamond D & Q-Tip
- Mobb Deep – Drink Away The Pain feat. Q-Tip
- Craig Mack – Get Down (Q-Tip Remix)
- Redman & Method Man – How High + Remix
- Cypress Hill – Throw Your Hands In The Air (Remix) feat. Erick Sermon, Redman & MC Eiht
- Notorious B.I.G. – Who Shot Ya
- Ol’ Dirty Bastard – Brooklyn Zoo + Remix
- GZA – 4th Chamber feat. Ghostface Killah, Killah Priest & RZA
- GZA – Shadowboxin’ feat. Method Man
- Raekwon – Glaciers of Ice feat. Masta Killa & Ghostface Killah
- Heltah Skeltah – Leflaur Leflah Eshkoshka feat. O.G.C.
- Black Moon & Smif-N-Wessun – Headz Ain’t Ready
- Smif-N-Wessun – Cession At Da Doghillee feat. Buckshot, Heltah Skeltah & O.G.C.
- Smif-N-Wessun – Sound Bwoy Bureill
- Channel Live – Mad Izm feat. KRS-One
- KRS-One – Rappaz R. N. Dainja
- Das EFX – Represent The Real feat. KRS-One
- Fat Joe – Bronx Tale feat. KRS-One
- Lord Finesse – Brainstorm/P.S.K. (No Gimmicks Remix) feat. O.C. & KRS-One
- Big L – Da Graveyard feat. Lord Finesse, Microphone Nut, Grand Daddy I.U., Party Arty & Jay-Z
- Showbiz & A.G. – Got The Flava feat. D. Flow, Wali World & Method Man
- O.C. & Organized Konfusion – You Won’t Go Far
So glad Conway is finally getting the respect he deserves on a larger scale. Dude really is one of the illest MCs of all-time. Watch his NPR Tiny Desk Concert above, recorded live at Sweet Chick in Queens, and make sure you go check out his latest album From King To A GOD—it’s easily one of the best of the year.
Here’s a pair of new Willie The Kid songs, off his upcoming album Capital Gains. Up top is “Egregious,” produced by Evidence. And below is “Brewster’s Millions,” produced by Alchemist and featuring Curren$y. Looking forward to this project—WTK is too nice!
Pink Siifu and Fly Anakin return with a drumless gem, off their upcoming collaborative project Fly Siifu.
James Blake comes through with a beautiful rendition of Frank Ocean’s “Godspeed,” which from the comments on YouTube, it sounds like Blake may have had a hand in writing. Someone in the comments also called him “James Blond” which I thought was pretty clever. Listen and watch the video above.
My latest mix features 36 minutes of Wu-Tang jewels. Stream/tracklist below.
Ghostface Killah ft. Superb “Ghost Deini (Original Version)”
RZA & Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon “Who’s The Champion”
Raekwon “Flawless Crowns”
Inspectah Deck “Dream Catcher”
Raekwon “Ms Sincere”
Masta Killa “Tony Touch Freestyle”
Ghostface Killah “Kay Slay Freestyle”
Ghostface Killah ft. Raekwon, Method Man and Superb “Flowers (Original Version)”
Ghostface Killah & Busta Rhymes “Blow His Head Off”
RZA “Sway and Tech Freestyle”
GZA “Sway and Tech Freestyle”
Method Man “Box In Hand”
Jodeci ft. Raekwon and Ghostface Killah “Freek’n You (Remix)”
RZA “Samurai Showdown”